|   || |
Wimbleball Sailing Club
Wimbleball Lake, Brompton Regis. Somerset.TA22 9NU
|Home||Joining WSC||Learn to sail||Visiting Clubs & Groups||Sailing for the Disabled||Committee Contacts||Location & Accom.|
Learn to sail at Wimbleball.
Wimbleball sailing club is a Royal Yachting Association certified Training centre. We have a fleet of training boats for all ages and abilities. All of our instructors are active club sailors, ensuring that you will receive training from knowledgeable and experienced sailors.For all training course please contact Debbie Ryles for further information. Email: email@example.com
Adult Sailing Courses(2020) over two weekends
Osprey Weeks for Children 2020-(formaly Cadets)
Children's Sunday Fun Club
We will be running these supervised practice sessions on Sunday mornings during 2020. We expect to start in May when the weather is getting warmer. As usual, watch for further messages as we check the suitability of the weather for these sessions.
Women on the Water training course
16th & 17th May, and 27th & 28th June.
Adult Assistant instructor course
18th & 19th April.
Get into racing weekends No charge for weekend, except for hire of boats or membership (where needed).
For information on powerboat courses contact the club.
After your Training
We hope you want to continue sailing. As our course fee includes membership of WSC for the remainder of the club year, you can use the club for the remainder of that time as a club member. PRACTICE!- Use one of the club boats to practice. (See notice board for charges).
- Try to get a sail with another member which will give you the chance to sail in different boats.
- Buy your own dinghy. Your first boat, to gain experience, can probably be bought at fairly modest cost. This can later be changed as your ability and sailing aims develop.
- As your skills develop, try a further course.
- Have a go at racing. Join in and learn from others.
- Come to the club and make contact from other members. There are usually people about ready for a chat and give advice and opinions.