|   || |
Wimbleball Sailing Club
Wimbleball Lake, Brompton Regis. Somerset.TA22 9NU
|About WSC||Learn to Sail||Visiting Clubs & Groups||Sailing for the Disabled||Contact the Committee||Location & Accomodation||Webcam||Members Area|
Learn to sail at Wimbleball.
Wimbleball sailing club is a Royal Yachting Association certified Training centre. We have a fleet of training boats for all ages and abilities. All of our instructors are active club sailors, ensuring that you will receive training from knowledgeable and experienced sailors.Adult Sailing Courses
We offer RYA Learn to sail weekend courses for adults. The course is a relaxed introduction or refresher. For cost and more information, contact Peter Jones on 01398B 331518 oe firstname.lastname@example.orgCadet Weeks for Children
Throughout the school holidays the club offers 5 day cadet weeks for children from 8-18. The courses follow the RYA Stages and are fun and informative. For more information on cost and dates please contact Tim Moss on XXXXX or XXXX.Children's Sunday Club
As a follow on from the cadet weeks, throughout the summer, the club organises supervised sailing for children on Sunday mornings (10-12). For more information contact Tim Moss on XXXX.After your Training
We hope you want to continue sailing. As our course fee includes membership of WSC for the remainder of the club year, you can use the club for the remainder of that time as a club member. PRACTICE!- Use one of the club boats to practice. (See notice board for charges).
- Try to get a sail with another member which will give you the chance to sail in different boats.
- Buy your own dinghy. Your first boat, to gain experience, can probably be bought at fairly modest cost. This can later be changed as your ability and sailing aims develop.
- As your skills develop, try a further course.
- Have a go at racing. Join in and learn from others.
- Come to the club and make contact from other members. There are usually people about ready for a chat and give advice and opinions.